Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Shower at Work

My coworkers threw Dan and me a shower, along with another pregnant couple at work that are due a month after us.  It was so nice and I was amazed by people's generosity.  We got so many cute baby clothes and lots of nursery essentials.  The Baby Room is 90% ready at this point, but I want it to be perfect before I take pictures, because it will probably never be that pristine again with the baby living in it.  I'm taking Fridays off from work now to give me extra time to relax, so this Friday the project is to totally finish the nursery and get the hosiptal bag pack, finally.  In other exciting new, I'll be "full term" (37 weeks) on Friday! 
3 pregnant ladies.  Here I'm 35 weeks, Jenny is about 30 weeks, and Elham is about 13 weeks. 
Yummy lemon meringue
 Great turn out!
Attempting some baby Pictionary.  This got rather interesting with works like zygot and circumcision as the clues.  I guess they wanted to challenge us.
Dan opening some baby towels and me trying to get a bunch of lint off my shirt.
Some great gifts.  If this new Gieseke is anything like his dad at that age, we'll be needing that monkey backpack harness before long so I don't loose the little guy in the store.
 Dan looks pretty suspicious of this Boppy pillow.

 Thanks everyone for the great gifts! Also funny but not pictured is that a significant percentage of the guests could not find wrapping paper in time and ended up wrapping the gifts in old mechanical plans and plotter paper.  Nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment