With prepping the food and house I felt pretty distracted from what we were all there for. Later I thought of how it reminded me of a mini-wedding were you get so wrapped up in planning the after-party that you nearly forget about the vows you're there to make. It didn't help that Jack severely soiled his outfit moments before we were called on stage and Dan and I were tearing around to get him clean and re-clothed in time. Then there were camera malfunctions...all that to say that I was distracted.
We did have a good time together as a family, but after everyone left I skyped with my dad, who missed it all at home with the flu, and he encouraged me to take a moment to reflect on the day, how I felt, and the gravity of the promise that we made. The seriousness of the prayer over Jackson finally hit me and I started to realize the commitment we'd made and how hard it will be to honor it over the next few decades. Only the Lord can give us what we need to raise this child up. I pray that Dan and I can look to Him every step of the way.
Pastor Alex prays for Jackson
He falls asleep with Uncle Dubb
Me with nephew Evan
Having lunch and opening gifts
Jack got a kids Bible
and awesome giraffe shoes
He LOVED turning the pages by himself
Evan and Grammie Cheryl
Grandma and Jack
Knockout blow

No comments:
Post a Comment