Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rainy Day/Birthday Weekend Project

Dan had the WHOLE day off yesterday (Saturday) which hasn't happen...well, I can't remember it ever happening since his new job started. We wanted to take advantage of the day, but it was so rainy that neither of us felt like getting out. We decided to work on a project that I'd been dreaming of for a while, redoing our bedroom dresser. I already had the materials, so that made it easy to get started.

The Before: In college I bought an old dresser, painted it black, changed out the hardware, and then added a beach scene on the front to match my black desk that someone else had painted with a beach scene. I remember being proud of how it turned out. I still like it, but it's time for a change.
 Close up of the before painting.
 Jackson "helped" a lot
 More helping
 Trying to get the drill
 We took the party to the garage, which we recently cleaned up so it actually had enough space to work on a project.
 Jack was pinned while we painted, but got board and needed company.
 First coat of paint drying and we were ready for some birthday weekend nachos (Dan's birthday request, not my idea)
 Yes, the 2 of us finished off this whole plate and then skipped dinner because we'd had enough calories for the rest of the weekend, plus we were stuffed.
 Another coat of paint and adding the decals, and tada. Done in one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment