Friday, June 24, 2011

Monterey Getaway

Our first overnight away without Jackson! What a big step. My parents came to our place to watch him for the weekend while we celebrated our anniversary in Monterey and Carmel. He was a perfect angel for Grandma and Papa, much better than he is for me (probably because he got 24 hours of non-stop play and attention). I actually missed him a lot more than I thought I would. I couldn't stop thinking about how he wasn't with us, even though I knew he was doing so well at home.

I'm glad it was only one night to start with. We did have a great time, got sunburned, had 3 whole restaurant meals with no one throwing food, and slept through the night just fine. Here are some photo highlights.
 Every time we go to Monterey it is the most gorgeous day, even though I know it's foggy there a lot. We always get lucky!

 Our after-lunch dessert from the French bakery, eaten beach-side! Lemon and chocolate selections? Yes please.
 Happy after eating cake.

 We rented bikes and went along the coast for some miles. My favorite kind of riding...flat open bike trail with an incredible view. Still got a soar bottom though.
 Taking it all in. After this we had a WONDERFUL dinner planned by Dan at a Medditerian place in Carmel. It was so not the kind of place to take a baby. Yummy food, free dessert, and a serenade from the cooks and one enthusiastic matradee.



No comments:

Post a Comment