Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Snobby 14-month-old?

Is is possible? So I shared my Jamba Juice with Jackson this weekend and that was a nice moment seeing him finally enjoy a smoothie with me, slipping off the big straw and learning to avoid the brain-freeze that comes with trying to chug it.

But now today he insists (though whining, distinct pointing, and binky throwing) on sharing my Starbucks! So I'm walking through Safeway pushing a baby who has taken over my non-fat chai frapaccino. I felt really silly and like everyone was staring at me for giving a baby coffee. I wanted to declare to all, it's not coffee, it's just milk and a lot of sugar, and probably some caffine, but how is that better than a coffee drink, really?

Then I thought, I guess I have to order him his own healthier Starbucks drink. Then I snapped to my senses and decided that I have gone nuts if my 1 year old already had his own Starbucks drink order. Luckily I only find the time for a Starbucks about once a month, so hopefully I won't have to deal with this new problem very often.

It amazes me how a non-talking, newly-walking toddler can make his will so clearly known and has all kinds of techniques for getting what he wants. I guess the days of saying "no" have come and are here to stay!

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Great moment to share. Glad you are recording these for the memory books :)

    ReplyDelete