A lot of silliness. Sticking our heads in cut-outs was one of the primary occupations of the day
Boogers the Cow was sinkin' adorable, but his 12-year-old girl owner informed us that he was headed to the butcher this week :( So sad for Boogers.
Checking out the piglets. Unfortunately Jack got really nervous about standing in the sawdust (he has a thing about his hands and feet being clean) and had to be carried around the barn. I hope that particular phobia passes quickly.
Face to face with massive horses.
Stopping amongst the bunny hutches and chicken coops for Cosette to suck down a quick banana-apple snack. I'm glad she's eating so many solids. It takes a little of the pressure off of me to always be the one to feed her.
We feasted at the fair.
Thanks for the ice cream Papa!
Petting zoo time.
These are the kind of animals that eat your shirt and steal your camera when you're not looking. I suck very close to the Little Man here.
Pretty brave, but they can get a little scary. He was "all done with animals."
Of course we can't leave without pony rides. This was actually the highlight for everyone. Jackson's first independent ride, due to clever saddle straps. He actually loved it and they let him go around forever (10 minutes or so instead of the typical 2 laps). The cowboys took adorable pictures of each kid on the horse with a hat and western backdrop, but I couldn't bring myself to spend another $12, so these shots of Jack and Bulls-eye will have to do.
So proud of himself
Uncle Dubb hangs with Baby Blue-Eyes. She can't wait to get up there.
Poor Dan had to work since it was a Wednesday afternoon, but the rest of us had a mostly good time.
One more ice cream cone and time to head home.
We also got a chance for the ladies to celebrate my mom's birthday at an amazing restaurant, the Sea Thai Bistro. We had such fancy and delicious Thai food. If this restaurant was in Redwood City I'd make Dan take me all of the time.
A pedicure and sun hat as gifts. Happy Birthday Mom! (Don't worry, I won't reveal your age)










No comments:
Post a Comment