Wednesday, November 7, 2012

She's Cruisin'

Cosette takes her very first look at a walker toy. She knows just what to do! At 9 months she is standing for up to 10 seconds without holding on, walking around the edges of furniture, and now pushing everything that will move. She also spent 1/2 an hour today going up and down a step on our front stoop, practicing, practicing, practicing. She wants to master it and is very determined.

In other things that happened today, Jack tried to strangle her with my dental floss. He's also started to call Dan and I "kids." As in "it's my turn kids!" and "hey, stop that kids!" His other favorite phrase is "Stop talking!" yelled at any adult who is talking to someone other than him. Needless to say we are working on respecting others in our house.

We've also had some exciting poo incidents this week, the best of which was a very public scene at a toy store. I had just finished with my Baby Bootcamp (exercise class I do while pushing the kids in the stroller) and Cosette had fallen asleep and Jack was content, so I decided to walk around the nearby shopping center before going home. No use in getting home too early and not having other plans for the rest of the day. I barely squeezed the massive double BOB stroller through the door of the local toy store. Cosette snoozed in the only nook the stroller would fit in next to the door and Jack went straight to the train table to keep himself busy. I browsed the small shop, happy to have a moment to myself. There was a noticeable silence at the train table and I peaked over to see Jackson in a pooing posture. I ran to warn him to wait for the potty, but the damage was done. Bummer. I went up front to pay for my items so we could leave right away and find somewhere to clean up. I had been gone a few seconds when I look over and see Jack pantless in front of the trains! I ran over and the poo had fallen out of the undies on was rolling around on the floor! Ahhh! Gross. I told him to stand still and ran to my stroller, only to realize that I didn't have wipes or anything helpful with me since I had just come from class and didn't have my whole diaper bag. I panicked. Then I thanked God that I had just stuffed some extra napkins in the stroller from a cafe and used those to scoop up the poo. By the time I had thrown it away outside Jack was happily playing at the table again and Cosette was still sleeping happily. This may speak to my unwillingness to take two bored children home for the rest of the day, but I decided that we might as well stay and play longer since the poo was out of sight. Gross, but what can you do? We were very fortunate that the store was almost empty during all of this or I'd hate to think of the looks I would have gotten from other moms.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Cosette is going to be chasing her brother sooner than later :)

    This had me laughing out loud multiple times...first cause Emeline has been telling us to "stop talking" for quite some time now. Alas, we have different strategies we try, but if you figure out how to deal with that one, let me know. At least now she has moved on to "PLEASE stop talking". LOL

    Sounds like Emeline and Jack are into the same things cause she also likes to thumb through catalogues these days. It's a good potty distraction :)

    Good save on the poop situation with your quick thinking, and thanks for sharing so we can have a laugh about it.

    ReplyDelete