Monday, December 31, 2012

Best Birthday

My 29th birthday was one of my best yet. It turned into a birthday marathon with little and big things happening all week. I was so blessed!

Dan surprised me with a birthday get-away to Sonoma for the 2 of us! He told me to pack for a night away with the kids. As we drove off Saturday morning he took the freeway to the East Bay, which really threw me off because I thought he'd plan to go to down to Monterey area or up to Wine Country area. Turns out we were going to Sonoma just taking an unexpected route to throw me off.

We meet my parents and sister in Sonoma to spend some time with them before heading off on our own. I got a pedicure with my mom and sis and then we did lunch and some shopping on the square.
 Dan and my dad took the kids to McDonalds and to the big park in the square to play a little hid and go seek
 At the duck pond
Next the kids went with Papa and Grandma for the night and we got some time to explore on our own! What a birthday treat! Wine tasting at Sebastiani winery. We even took the tour and I learned a thousand percent more about wine than I knew before. I basically knew nothing about wine and now I know about 3 things. But tasting it was entertaining none the less. I almost laughed in their face when they were trying to pitch the "wine club" to us. I'm the least wine-discerning person ever. I'm not your market.
 We stayed at the Fairmont Mission Inn which was beautiful and fancy!
Having brunch at The Girl and the Fig. So yummy. My first breakfast caviar experience. Very fishy! Dan of course got the Eggs Benedict.
 We also got to shop, see Lincoln, try Himalayan food, spend time in an amazing art gallery, and move about freely with no strollers.

Monday was my actual birthday and I joined friends at the SF Zoo for a sunny morning of play. Jackson with friends Leah and Rory checking out the reindeer.
 And generally running amok
 Hippos with my Bear
 Best group shot we could get. Cosette is not interested in standing still. Plus spiderboy.
  Fun birthday with friends
 When we got home I opened a few cards and this gift from my mother-in-law. Awesome pot for cooking up a baby. Also, I love that Christmas trees are always part of my birthday.
And later that week I went out with my gals to a fun pizza place with amazing gelato. They all got me the sweetest little gifts and I wasn't expecting it. I laughed and had so so much fun.

I know liking your birthday can seem a little childish, but I really do like it. Some years it turns out to be a mellow thing and other years you just get showered with love and fun. For me 29 was one of the later. Thanks for reminding me that I'm loved and special. And another Happy Birthday to my Grandma "Mimi" who had her birthday on 12/12/12 this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment