I've known since I was 12 that this tooth (#10 as I now know it) needed to be replaced someday since the root was disintegrating, and it turns out now is the time. See the root absorption below over the last 2 years is dramatic. All the other teeth have roots and poor #10 has nothing to hold on to.
I've been through many oral surgeries, dental procedures, and lots of painful orthodontia, so I wasn't too worried about the procedures (not shaking in my boots like I get before having blood drawn! I'm very squeamish about veins).
On the way to the periodontist. Good-bye fare #10, you've done the best you can, under the circumstances.
But when it comes to having someone rip your tooth out while you are awake, even though you are numb, it is just incredibly unnatural and unnerving. I was so tense it made me identify vaguely with a torture victim, even though it wasn't going to hurt. I was ready to give up the intel and sell out my friends if it were a real situation. How quickly I crumble! That brief moment of dread and fear made me so thankful for what Jesus did on the cross, undergoing the worst torture for hour after hour so I don't have to. I couldn't cope with 5 minutes of fake torture, the sound of cracking enamel and ripping tissue.
Afterwards, driving from the periodontist to the dentist to have my tooth shaped and glued back into place as a temporary placeholder until the implant is placed in 6 weeks. My sister said I look like a stroke victim - thanks for that! And the tooth itself in transit. Not quiet as official as an organ transplant. They let you carry it in your purse.
After it's all glued back together. They did a great job making it look ok. Still a little puffy, but relieved to be done for this week. Got to return home to the tots being crazy with Daddy. So wonderful to get a hug and kiss from Jack: "Are you all better Mommy?" I'm getting there Buddy Bear!
No comments:
Post a Comment