New lens, new angles. Dan treated me to an awesome new lens for my birthday/Christmas combo present (Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8II). I'm having a lot of fun playing with it and seeing its sharp focus and lightening speed. I spent the last year shooting 95% of the time with a 50mm prime lens, so having some zoom capabilities is really expanding the types of photos I can take. With the prime lens I had to get pretty far away from the subject to capture any context, so I took a lot of close ups and scurried around the terrain. Now I can compose a little more easily, but this thing weighs a ton, so not as portable as the prime.
Here are my recent favorites. The categories should be 1.Baby and 2.Other (anything not baby). Hard to resist taking a billion pictures of sweet Graham all day.
Category 1: Baby
Category 2: Other
These first images are near the Cliffhouse Restaurant in SF

Birthday Lava Cake, and Philz
Everyday Home
Trying to create framing using the surroundings. Not the best results yet, but fun to try.
Rainwatchers Sequence
No comments:
Post a Comment