Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Long Awaited Daughter


My friend Nicole has been like a photography mentor to me over the past couple of years. She was the one who sat down with me and 15 other ladies in her living room and patiently explained how to use our cameras' manual mode. For the first time it all made sense! From that moment on, I set my camera to "manual" and never looked back at the presets.

Nicole has answered all my little questions and even sat down and showed me her editing tricks. I've been asking to shadow her on a shoot for a while and we could never find a time. We finally made it happen this weekend with our beautiful friend Marlene.

Marlene's expecting and has been hoping and praying for this second born child to come along. It has been a long road for her family, but now we get to rejoice in the miracle of a baby girl arriving any day now. I feel so blessed to get to shadow a great photographer like Nicole and be a witness to Marlene's wonderful journey.

Crew after Marlene's shower

A laughing shot for fun!

I've never done a urban setting for a photo shoot before. It was fun and a little intimidating walking around downtown Palo Alto looking for walls and alleys that would make good backdrops. 


Pedestrians and cars were both very nice to us as we took up the whole street. 



People must have thought Marlene was a pregnant celebrity. She had two photographers on her heals.


















No comments:

Post a Comment