I feel like kind of a crazy mom here. We bought a nice camera right before Jack showed up to capture every moment, and it turned out to be a worthwhile purchase because I use it almost every day and love to play with all of the settings. Then we got a coupon in the mail for cheap portraits at Sears, so I jumped on that and drug Dan and Jack to the mall, as though we needed more shots of baby. They sucker you in and try to get you to buy a bunch of portraits because you could never discard a smiling picture of your baby. Luckily they didn't do a fabulous job, so there were only a few pictures that I really liked and I was able to resist the lure. Today, less than a month after our Sears photo session, I was browsing in a new baby store called Buy Buy Baby and someone from the portrait studio approached me with the bait. A free 8x10, since the studio was slow that afternoon. What the heck? So with no prior planning, without even agonizing over the perfect outfit, I did a come-as-you-are photo session with Jack, including a lot of jumping up and down, blowing on his toes, and ridiculous high-pitched voices to get him smiling. He was looking at 3 adults doing all this and he was interested, but didn't reward us with many smiles. Then they wanted me in the picture too, and I hadn't exactly fancied up to go to the baby mega-store, but why not? Again, luckily, they did a so-so job overall, but caught one really cute shot and I walked away an hour later spending less than $10 for my "free portrait", so I guess it was a success. I realize that I'm probably just the sucker they're looking for, but I don't care. My mother reminded me that baby #2 someday will be lucky to ever have a portrait session, much less monthly visits to the department store to jump around in front of him/her for 40 minutes.
For your viewing pleasure, here are the photos from Jack's 3 month portraits and today's will be ready in a few weeks. Let me know if you want one because I have a fistful of wallets and I should probably give them to people or something cuz our fridge is all full.


No comments:
Post a Comment