Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Old Car, Newer Car

It's true, I got into a car accident, and it was technically my fault since I rear-ended someone. Jack was in the car too, but didn't even react because it really was that minor. It was one of those weird situations where traffic stopped in an instant and the lady in front of me partially switched lanes to not hit the car in front of her, so I didn't see that traffic was stopped until I was right on top of the whole mess. Pretty low impact and minor damage overall, but we soon learned that it doesn't take much to "total" a 1996 Avalon. Here's the poor car the last time I saw her, busted headlight and grill lost somewhere on El Camino, but running great otherwise. The insurance company toed her off and gave us check for way more than we thought she was worth for some reason.
After "sharing" a car for a week (meaning either Jack and I dropped Dan off at work at 6am or I was carless all day) we decided it was time to go big...in size. After re-reading one thrashed copy of the latest Consumer Reports magazine 18 million times, we decided that a mini-van was the next car for us. The search process was annoying, but ultimately we found what we were dreaming of, the 2006 low mileage Toyota Sienna in a color that wasn't gold (sorry old car, but I can't do anymore gold for a while).

 Driving the van for a few weeks has got me hooked on the space and convenience and hopefully I won't have to go back to a Sedan anytime soon.

 Jack and I enjoying the sweet new ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment