Monday, April 26, 2010

The Nursery Is Done!

We are finally finished with the baby's room.  Even though he'll be sleeping in a bassinet next to our bed for a while, it's still nice to finish up his room so it's all ready for him to come home.

The view from the hallway looking into the room.
The room gets great natural light in the mornings.


My Great Grandma Dutch's rocking chair.  It is so petite and fits perfectly in the room.  Dan bought this bear for the baby for Christmas.  His first gift from Daddy.
I painted this giraffe height chart so that we can record Jack's heights at different ages.
I got a new camera, so I was having some fun capturing the details of the room.
I sewed the letters of his name to go over the crib.
View from the corner with the rocking chair.
We transformed the futon by changing the cover and adding some jungly pillows
Animal Friends!
This picture frame is just waiting for a picture of our newborn.

Some more animal friends on the bookshelf.
On top of the bookshelf.
We rescued this dresser from Craigslist and it works perfectly as a changing table.  It was light pink with wooden knobs and now it's green and brown.  Dan changed out the tracks so that the drawers glide nicely now.

These giraffe boxes serve will serve as toy cheasts.
 
The hand knit elephant


The view outside the window (into our neighbor's yard).  Hopefully no one tries to play too much basketball while the baby is sleeping.
Our awesome BOB stroller.  We got the infant seat adapter attached and we're ready to go.




2 comments:

  1. Hey, this room looks remarkably similar to Trav and Lando's room! Looks great - I'm sure baby will enjoy.

    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you're right Lando, this was your room first. Thanks for giving it up for the little guy, he'll appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete