I was always interested in checking out the world of modern cloth diapers, but I felt too overwhelmed to deal with it at the end of pregnancy and when Jack was a newborn. From the outside looking in, it seemed like a complicated universe with a lot of new vocabulary. I would overhear moms comparing pockets with prefolds, sized verses one-size and I would check out mentally, grateful that this was one mom-topic where I didn't have a stance. But 4 months later I'm much less overwhelmed by the idea, plus I have Elaine, my cloth diapering consultant and friend whose tried it for 6 months and can give me the tutorial. Plus there's an amazing online program that sends you a trail of different brands and types of cloth diapers to try for a month for a meager $10 fee!
Here's my loot! A bunch of BRAND NEW diapers with exciting names like Fuzzibuns, BumGenius, and Thirsties to wash, try, and return so that I can figure out if I want to take on this new responsibility.
These things are supposed to be pretty bullet proof if you treat them right, lasting through multiple kids and adjusting to baby's changing size with snaps and elastic. They are supposed to save you quite a bit of cash in the long run if you wash them yourself, which is the plan. I hope it works out and I find something that's easy to deal with and doesn't require me to haul mega boxes of diapers out of Costco every few weeks. We'll see...
My little man doesn't seem to mind them
I love how you make it sound like the amazing race or something :) Go Jessie Go!
ReplyDeleteGood for you!!!
ReplyDeleteI used to have a diaper service in the dark ages. Plastic pants were a pain.
High tech for babies hooray.