Tuesday, April 5, 2011

An Amazing Day!

Jackson wowed me today by hitting 2 huge milestones, all before his 2:30 nap! First off, he had his very first steps today! It was about 1.5 steps on his own from holding onto my knee to grabbing a hold of the bathroom cabinets, but they were independent steps, so I'm counting it as "First Steps." He can also stand without support for 5-10 seconds until he grabs hold of something or falls on his bottom.

Secondly, I introduced Jackson to the potty today. I just wanted to get him familiar with his little potty chair and show him that sitting on it is fun. We read books and talked while he sat for a while and he seemed to really like it. The second time I put him on the potty, he actually went potty! I did not expect him to actually go for a while still. He grabbed himself and made it squirt all over both of us, but most of it ended up in the potty, so it was a wonderful achievement for him. I'm sure we have many "exciting" potty experiences ahead of us.
 At 9 months

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exciting morning :). I can't wait to see Jackie walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jackson! Great job!

    ReplyDelete