Friday, October 17, 2014

Picture Story: Building Garages

Like I said in the last post, I'm working on telling a story with the picture of the kids doing an activity so I don't end up with a bunch of the same shots from the same angle. Mostly I'm working on the mechanics of getting lighting on the faces, focusing properly, composing the shot in an interesting way, all while trying to capture a moment going on in front of me. Very tricky. I feel like I need lots of practice before this becomes second nature and I can actually capture the best expressions on their faces.

Building with blocks

This gorgeous mid-morning sunlight was streaming in on the scene. It bounced off the floor and lit up Jackson's face

This is not technically the best picture, but it is the best expression. Pure delight in the simple joy of lining up cars. He can't contain his satisfaction with what he sees.

Carefully constructing a garage for his cars. I had a really hard time dealing with the lighting conditions of the super bright floor verse his face. These are the best attempts.

  Contemplative. Assessing his progress. 

Carefully

Swooping in the helicopter

Everybody parked in the garage. Glare off the windshield, ahh.

Finishing touches

Surveying the end product. This is my favorite. The toys are all lit up and Jackson is in more darkness with the glow on his face. Sums up the scene well.

No comments:

Post a Comment