Another attempt at a picture story, this time with trains.
Unfortunately no pics of track set up since I helped with that. He's getting the trains ready to ride
Love this one! Love his smirk, love the angle you get when you lie flat on the ground. Great for kids playing on the floor
I like the reflective floor
Coming down the track. Great success with getting Jackson in focus in a narrow depth of field. From this side the light is warm and from the side
From this side the light falls right across his face and body, plus allows the colorful trains to pop. The problem with kids' play is you can't usually get them to face the side you like best. You have to position yourself and wait for them to come into the light you like.
This one is probably better composed than the one above, showing more of the track and less dead space above his head, but I do like the sequence of Jackson using the bridge and focusing in on his work so intensely.
Coming off the bridge. I always look at these things and wish I had removed distractions, like the stray sock in to the right. But if I have to tidy up to shoot, I probably won't shoot, so I'm going to have to live with little imperfections in the background.
Surrounded!
Getting the trains fully extended.
Trying to catch details and different angles. Probably not the best of his bum, but I like his curled feet.
Love this detail of Thomas. I didn't even know Thomas had rosy cheeks!
Little hands at work
Making adjustments
Trying a change of focus
I am pretty happy with these fun train shots. I wish I had stepped back and taking a shot from way further back to just capture the whole scene in context. What room we are in and him playing from a distance. Other than that I like the results.
No comments:
Post a Comment