Friday, October 17, 2014

Picture Story - Cosette Reads

I have been loving following a photography blog called Click It Up A Notch to help me improve. I learned that when you are taking pictures of your kids doing an activity, you can make more interesting by trying to tell a picture story of what's going on. Some wide angle shots of the whole scene, some before and afters, some detailed close ups. As I practice trying to get the lighting on Cosette's face, I put her near our big window in the family room and asked her to read to me. She was surprisingly willing and even held still, which is rare, so I could easily get the focus on her face. Hope you like the story of Coco reading.

Cosette is reading a beautiful book

Turning pages

 Pointing and counting

Toes! I think this one is my favorite


I catch her looking up with a sassy face 

Finger details

More pointing. Very engaged

Animated in her reading

Detail of her book

Sweet aside

New book

I love this shot for 3 reasons: 1. she is buried in the book like a little book worm 2. she's reading it in classic upside-down fashion 3. her stripy leggings are fun
  
I love her body position here. So childlike to move her legs and flex her feet as she engages

So incredibly sweet. Plus we can see that she's reading "Squid and Octopus Friends for Always"

Final shot. All worn out. Needs a thumb-suck and puppy snuggle after all that reading.

Hopefully the "story" is varied enough to be interesting. It's hard to choose photos of your kids because they all seem cute, but I want to take enough variety rather than the same shot a bunch of times. The only shot I wish I had gotten was a pull back from way across the room of her in her own world. Other than that, it was a fun shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment